Study with Master Plein Air Artist Ned Mueller!
(All paintings: Ned Mueller)
Join landscape artist Aimee Erickson for a two day intensive plein air painting workshop. Come spend two days painting en plein air! Working outside directly from nature is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Learn to adjust to changing conditions of light and weather. Capture the beauty you see in the landscape. Increase your understanding of atmospheric perspective to achieve a greater sense of depth in your paintings. There will be a demonstration on the first morning with individual instruction following at your own easel.
Painters will need to bring their own supplies. Aimee recommends working on 9x12 inch canvas or canvas board but students are welcome to work in any size. The rhodies will be in bloom so get out your colors! For those new to plein air, Aimee works and teaches in oils but can accommodate acrylics. Contact the Arts Center for more details about the location of the workshop.with Aimee Erickson
#27551: 5/20 & 5/21
Day: Friday & Saturday
Time: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Location: Lloyd Baron Rhododendron Garden at Rood Bridge Park,
4000 SE Rood Bridge Road
Hillsboro, OR 97123
For more about Aimee, check out her website at www.aimeeerickson.com
Cultural Arts Program Supervisor
Glenn & Viola Walters Cultural Arts Center
527 E Main St., Hillsboro, OR 97123
City of Hillsboro Parks & Recreation Department
A CAPRA Nationally Accredited Park and Recreation Agency
CONTACT: George Broderick, PO Box 1357, 313 East B Street, Rainier, OR 97048
Ph: 503-703-5188 firstname.lastname@example.orgApril 4, 2011
Rainier, Or, April 3, 2011-- Calling all Artists to submit to May Day, an exhibit to be shown at Broderick Gallery; May 1-23 in Rainier, OR. Gallery owner George Broderick is now accepting submissions and will serve as juror.
This show will open May 1st and Close on May 23. The show is open to all artists.
1. An artist may submit 1-3 jpegs of their work for consideration. Oils, acrylic, or watercolor.
2. Submissions will be accepted via email to: email@example.com
3. There is a submission fee per image (see item #8 below)
4. Please send quality images, 1000 pixels on the longest side, 180 dpi.
5. Do not refer us to websites for image submission.
6. Include contact information (name, address, email, and phone.)
7. Include title of piece, media, dimensions and price. All work must be original and for sale. The commission is 40% to the Gallery.
8. The submission fee is 5 dollars per image submitted. The preferred payment method is through Paypal. https://www.paypal.com/ (Payee firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the Paypal transaction number in your email jpeg submission). You may also send a check to Broderick Gallery P.O. Box 1357, Rainier, OR 97048
9. Deadline for electronic entry is April 27, 2011 at Midnight.
10. Acceptance will be via email, and drop off of the physical painting(s) will be April 28-29, 2011 10 am-5 pm, or call if other arrangements are necessary.
11. Clearly mark the back of your entry with pertinent information.
If you have any other questions, email us at: email@example.com or you may call me at 503-703-5188.
Reception Date: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 1:00-6:00pm, Broderick Gallery, 313 East B Street, Rainier, OR 97048
About Broderick Gallery:
The Broderick Gallery is geared toward an interdisciplinary interpretation of art and committed to a culturally inclusive viewpoint. Exhibitions focus on international, national and regional art developments chiefly in the 20th century; seek to present the cultural and historical context of art, and to acknowledge the artistic contributions of under-recognized sectors of the population. Hours are 11am – 5pm and by appointment. For more about the gallery and its artists, please see www.broderickgallery.com or call George Broderick, 503-703-5188