Join Elio Camacho for five days of plein air painting instruction on the Columbia River Gorge. Elio studied under Russian Impressionist Ovanes Berberian and is influenced by master impressionists such as Bongart, Sorrolla, and Fechin. Elio is was just named "Artist to Watch" in the July Issue of Southwest Art. Students of Elio can't say enough good things about him: (reviews and testimonials here).
If you have similar goals and want to learn to fill your canvases with color and boldness then this class may be for you.
Some of the things we will cover are:
- Stroke angle and how it affect depth in thick loose strokes
- Properly holding a brush to ensure you have limitless possibilities with your strokes
- Brush speed
- Time management and capturing the moment: The question most often asked is “how do you deal with the changing light”. We will cover efficient ways of painting so you dont waste strokes or motions.
- Forget formulas and learn to “SEE”: Learning see nature as paint.
- Color temperature
- Each day will end with a group critique
Sign up now to secure your spot!